06 Jul A Brick Rambler Transforms into a Blue Beauty
We’ve been swamped with projects and haven’t posted any project profiles recently, but we want to take a moment to feature this one! As Northern Virginia painting contractors, we love a great before and after project, and this Fairfax rambler is one to appreciate!
The return on the repainting investment is apparent in this home’s before and after images. It looks like a completely different house.
Paint, using colors that coordinate well, goes a long way toward remaking a home’s exterior, particularly when it has good bones or details like this one. Below is what we did on this project.
Preparation is critical to any paint job – before we begin painting. Our prep includes the following:
- Scrape and hand sand all exterior surfaces to remove flaking or peeling paint.
- Spot prime all bare surfaces with an exterior primer.
- Caulk all wood trim as necessary.
- Any unforeseen wood replacement will be an additional charge unless otherwise stated in this proposal.
Color Selection can be challenging. However, with a newly signed contract, our clients are entitled to a 90-minute free color consultation with a Home Works representative to assist them with color selection.
Repainted the following on this project:
- Brick siding
- Iron railings
- Stained and sealed the exterior doors
That’s all it took in repainting to completely transform the look of this charming ranch! We did not repaint items like gutters, downspouts, front porch/trim, windows, fascia, door and window frames, and soffit.
We applied two coats of paint using
- Brick: Sherwin Williams Loxon XP, flat paint
- Shutters: Sherwin Williams Duration or Emerald, gloss
- Shed: Sherwin Williams Duration or Emerald, flat or satin
- Doors: Minwax stain and two coats of polyurethane
Are you ready to transform your home or refreshen its current look?
Call our office or use our online scheduler to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We are one of Northern Virginia’s premier painting professionals!