05 Apr Transforming a master suite to an elegant space using trim molding
Some of the most interesting – and satisfying – projects we get are about more than painting. Today’s project profile focuses on one such project we did a few months ago! The clients hired Home Works Painting to add creative trim molding and crown molding throughout a master bedroom before we repainted it. We brought to fruition the homeowner’s creative vision – and what a creative vision it was!
David and Jamie wanted to change the look and feel of their master bedroom, so they reached out to Home Works Painting. Their idea transformed plain walls into tastefully trimmed walls, creating an elegant master suite. Rather than add color, they opted to leave the walls white, which further added the room’s understated elegance.
Here’s what we did in their master bedroom*:
- Installed crown molding and painted –
- applied two coats of Benjamin Moore Regal Select Semi-Gloss Paint
- Installed picture box trim and painted in square or rectangular design
- painted master bedroom, two coats
- Installed picture frame box in rectangular design behind the entry door
*Because we did this project in the winter, they received a 10% discount.
Sherwin Williams (Interior)
- Walls: Duration Home, flat, matte, or satin
- Trim: ProClassic, semi-gloss
The interior preparation before we started painting included the following steps (this is an essential part of any paint project):
- All furnishing and floors were covered and protected.
- All stress cracks and nail pops were repaired with fiberglass joint tape, blocked, skimmed, and sanded.
- Glossy surfaces and trim were sanded and cleaned, as needed, to ensure proper paint adhesion.
- Scraped and sanded rough areas due to previous paint failure.
- We caulked all wood trim work as necessary.
- Applied an oil-based sealer to water stains and tannin wood stains.
- We cleaned up all work areas and took away all debris.
If you are interested in scheduling a no-obligation estimate of your project, whether it’s a paint project, adding trim, or any of our other services, please call our office or fill out our online scheduler to schedule an appointment. Who knows? Maybe we will feature your project in a future blog post!